Student Affairs

Application & Admission

Applying to the MSA Program

Applications to the M.Ed. in Student Affairs program are accepted only once a year. The deadline to apply to the M.Ed. in Student Affairs is December 1. Please note you may only apply to ONE graduate program per year at UCLA.

For more information on the application process and admissions requirements:

  • Contact Office of Student Services at (310) 825-8326


Tuition & Fees

For an estimated breakdown of UCLA graduate student in-state fees and non-resident tuition for the regular academic year (i.e., fall – spring quarter enrollment), please visit the UCLA Graduate Division Tuition and Fees web page. Information on summer session tuition and fees can be found at the UCLA Summer Sessions web page. For comprehensive fee information, questions and answers on student fees, and archived fee charts, visit the Registrar’s Office Fees & Residence web page.

Summer Term

The M.Ed. in Student Affairs degree is a one-year, four-quarter program that begins with full-time enrollment in a UCLA summer session. Students will receive specific information about the process of enrolling in summer courses and applying for summer session financial aid once admitted to the program.

Please note: If you wish to be considered for student aid during the summer session you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) . The priority filing deadline to receive maximum awarding consideration is early March.

Financial Aid

The UCLA Graduation Division has developed an excellent overview of graduate student financial aid resources. If you are an applicant or new student, please review the Financial Support for Entering Graduate Students web page. In addition, you are also encouraged to review important summer-term financial aid information guidelines developed by the UCLA Financial Aid Office.


Students in the M.Ed. in Student Affairs program are required to complete a three-quarter 12 hours/week internship in an approved Student Affairs administrative office at UCLA or neighboring college. These internships are paid positions and students will receive an hourly wage. Please note that the internships do not provide tuition waivers or fee remissions.

If you have any questions or concerns about federal financial aid, please review the UCLA Financial Aid Office website or call 310-206-0400.